REF #: SVG000275
As a Data Architect you will be a key part of our client’s quickly expanding Data Team. Right now, they’re building solutions for every facet of the business
The Data Team is a cross-functional and diverse team of analysts, engineers, developers and data scientists that supports all aspects of the business by implementing data driven solutions. They do this using a tech stack based on, but not limited to, Google Cloud Platform. Our client uses a combination of SQL and NoSQL based datastores (BigQuery, FireStore, Redis, ElasticSearch) for both batch and real-time streaming data pipelines.
As a Data Architect, you will be a key part of our client’s quickly expanding Data Team. Right now, they’re building solutions for every facet of the business, from customer satisfaction, to trading efficiency, to social responsibility, all with the goal of bringing audiences closer than ever to the sports they love with our best-in-class products.
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, we want to hear from you.
● Work with senior management and the product owner to lead the team from ideation to architecture through to implementation and validation of high quality, best in class data processing.
● Be instrumental in designing and building resilient and scalable data architecture.
● Guide and mentor the team on best practices and standards.
● Join a fast-paced, agile environment, where you will take complex business problems, and design and implement simple, elegant solutions.
● A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or equivalent experience
● Architect / Lead Engineer experience, with deep understanding of designing and building highly scalable, automated ETL processes for data warehousing
● Fluent in SQL, and experience working with relational databases, complex query authoring, as well as working familiarity with a variety of datastores
● A strong technical background in topics such as API design, cloud software development, data storage patterns & schemas, and microservice & serverless architectures
● Understanding Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) preferably using Google Cloud Platform, but Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services would be beneficial
● Ability to take complex business problems and work with the Product Owner to break the solution into epics, stories, and sprints
● Familiarity with software best practices, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
● Creative problem-solving skills. This is a team who value fresh ideas and new perspectives, and want to hear yours
● A learning mindset, regardless of level of experience
What Our Client Can Offer?
● Competitive salary based on experience with annual compensation reviews
● Performance bonus, twice yearly
● Flexible holidays – 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + a day’s leave for a momentous occasion
● Private Healthcare Scheme
● Life Assurance & Contributory Pension Plan
● MacBooks are the default, but they’re happy to get you whatever equipment enables you to do your best work