REF #: SVC00073
The Delivery Lead is part delivery specialist, and part agile expert/evangelist who works closely with Product Managers and cross-functional teams of Developers, Designers, Editors and experts across SEO, Web Optimization and Analytics.
Our client is a top digital media company, with a strong sense of purpose and a belief that success comes from the strength of their team and culture. When they offer you a place on their team, it comes with a promise (well a few promises, actually):
- Opportunities for you to grow. They’re a rapidly-growing company so opportunities exist there, and they hold a firm belief that when you grow, they grow.
- Find the freedom to build something. They’ll give you the space to imagine and create, and to build the business and your career at the same time.
- Work alongside the best. Work and learn with people who are the best in their field, and who bring ambition and compassion in equal measure.
- Play hard to work hard. They help you work on what you love and support your style of working. They fuel creativity with fun and optimism, and always put culture and values first.
- They take care of each other. They know that you bring your best when you bring your whole self to work. We’re a wholehearted, inclusive team that invests in well being and belonging.
What Matters Most:
Our client understand that their industry is usually associated with a non-diverse persona. They have created a workplace and community that brings fun, experience and opportunities for all. They welcome people of any gender, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other self-identifying group.
Together they are guided by their values in all that they do. If you’re going to thrive, fueling with fun, tackling it together, building your game and delivering a great experience will be as meaningful to you as they are to our client.
Together as a team you’ll deliver end to end web and mobile experiences which will reach millions of users across North America and the world. This could vary from building end to end websites from scratch, to delivering site re-brand/re-design initiatives on existing builds or delivering new features/widgets for customers.
This role will be primarily responsible for leading, supporting, and optimizing cross-functional agile teams to efficient and predictable business value-driven delivery, while guiding teams in their evolution of agile principles and practices. In addition to working with agile teams, this role may be responsible for leading the delivery of larger cross departmental initiatives including software development work as well as work in other areas such as marketing, content, commercial, and more.What You’ll Do
- Provide Delivery Leadership to initiatives, projects and agile development teams.
- Work effectively with cross-functional agile development teams including a Product Manager, Developers, Designers, Editors and experts across SEO, Web Optimization and Analytics.
- Get the best from everyone, ensuring collaboration through great facilitation and running of Agile events and other meetings as needed.
- Be able to use your agile expertise to drive exceptional delivery within agile development teams and dig into your traditional project management toolbox to help drive successful delivery of more traditional projects and programs.
- Manage more than one medium to large sized project requiring complex cross-functional collaboration and management at the program level.
- Champion and pioneer ways of working, using Agile best practices to promote ownership, creativity and a customer first culture.
- Work with Product Management and other leadership to effectively plan the delivery of value, within Sprints and Seasons, against strategic roadmaps.
- Identify, resolve and mitigate delivery challenges, supporting conversations across all departments to deploy changes in the best possible way.
- Manage your teams’ delivery and proactively communicate performance through appropriate tools and metrics including sprint reports, burn down charts, cycle times etc.
- Communicate progress of delivery and manage expectations with all key stakeholders.
- Working with multiple cross functional teams to ensure they have everything they need to deliver the highest quality work.
- Manage Risks and Changes. Perform risk management, manage change, formulate action plans, mitigate risk to minimize delivery delays and costs where applicable.
- Traditional Portfolio / Project Execution. Take responsibility for projects and actively execute to plan while maintaining quality standards. Ensure that all commitments are met in accordance with project goals/objectives.
- Be a change catalyst. Work with teams, fellow Delivery Leads, leadership, and stakeholders to drive and influence change with the purpose of improving the ways of working within your team and the organization.
- Share your knowledge with cross chapter leads and other Delivery Lead to encourage continued learning and application of best practice.
What You’ll Bring
- You have 2+ years’ experience managing the delivery of complex software projects using Agile principles and practices.
- A proven background delivering initiatives in a fast-paced digital/web environment
- Experienced and knowledgeable of the different stages of Software Development Life Cycle
- Comfortable working on more traditional projects inside and outside of software development as well as agile delivery
- Skilled at coaching, mentoring and guiding a team on delivery
- Comfortable working and communicating closely across all levels and departments
- Experienced working in agile and passionate about implementing agile best practices
- Awareness of current technologies and a desire to keep up to speed with the latest trends
- Comfortable using tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Ability to source new tools and practices to help improve the working ability and delivery of the teams
- Understanding of delivery metrics to help make informed decisions for the delivery of your team
- Comfortable to communicate to all stakeholders at all levels on team’s delivery performance and rooms for improvement to improve workflow and processes
- Adept at conflict resolution, understanding team dynamics, and facilitating collaboration to find solutions
What Our Client Can Do For You
- A competitive base salary package
- Performance based annual discretionary bonus
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, public holidays, birthday, volunteer days, office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company matched pension contributions
- Self-driven annual training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture