REF #: SVG000295
GIS Analyst Developer
Our client, a public sector organisation, are looking for an experienced GIS Analyst Developer to join their team.
GIS Analyst Developer
The successful candidate will be required to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of GIS systems/software and production.
- Assess and evaluate the current and future needs of the organisation’s GIS including evaluating new technology and their particular application to corporate objectives.
- Manage the IT hardware and software associated with the organisation’s GIS requirements to include license management, user’s rights, software versioning and patching.
- Advise on departmental CAD and GIS hardware and software purchases to ensure suitability.
- Participate in on-going projects as required including setting and achieving project deadlines.
- Report to and engage with the GIS Steering Group.
- Support the G.I.S. Project Lead in the creation of a cross-departmental GIS working Group.
- Contribute to the setting of operational performance indicators relating to GIS mapping and datasets.
- Devising and contributing to the formulation, implementation and publicizing of standards and best practices relating to Metadata, Cataloging, symbology, feature class definition asset information management and provision, in accordance with, and supportive of, regulatory requirements, best practice and objectives.
- Raise risks and issues as appropriate to the operation of GIS.
- Performing other such duties in relation to work as the organisation may require.
- Deal with service desk tickets and other support issues as required.
- Engage with national and other external bodies on GIS issues.
- Co-ordinating and assisting the HR Training Department in devising a GIS Training /CPD Programme for relevant staff.
Candidates must be entitled to live and work within the EU.
Candidates must have obtained at least level 7 or 8 on the NFQ in GIS, Geomatics, Geosurveying or a comparable qualification.
Have at least 3 years recent satisfactory experience in GIS, and have:
a) A comprehensive knowledge of GIS principles and associated technologies, particularly ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server;
b) Knowledge of the latest and emerging GIS techniques and technologies;
c) Experience in manipulating digital mapping data.
d) A sound knowledge of mapping concepts, e.g. grids, projections, transformations, generalization, accuracy, precision etc.;
e) An ability to take on complex problems or situations and take a solution focused and creative approach to dealing with them;
f) Initiative and demonstrate enthusiasm for new developments or changing work practices and strive to implement change effectively;
g) Proven ability to collaborate and work as part of a team, and delegate tasks as appropriate;
h) Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
i) Ability to lead projects to a successful conclusion.