REF #: SVS000296
Desktop Support Engineer
We’re looking for highly skilled and experienced Desktop Support Engineers to join a Global IT Managed Services company. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work on a large enterprise account based in Sligo.
Their clients have confidence, via a trusted partnership, that their systems and data are protected allowing them to conduct their day to day business. On-Site IT Specialists, employed by our client, are an integral part of the best in class IT Managed Services offered by our client to their customers across Ireland.
With a specific training and development budget, career development is a critical aspect of the culture within our client’s business. In this permanent role, you will get the opportunity to grow in the areas of your choosing with assistance and support with your personal development plan.
The Sligo based Desktop Support role will involve the following aspects:
- You will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving problems and implementing a solution to prevent re occurrence (Root cause Analysis, Corrective and Preventative Actions).
- Ability to assist with new machine integrations, ,configuration of peripheral devices and process recipe updates.
- Supports system software upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination with operations. Familiar with SLC, Computer validation activity.
- Ensures policies and standards adherence is consistent with Corporate/ Division standards
- Ensures that IT applications meet the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work successfully in a team ,environment supporting both infrastructure and applications.
- Able to execute IT projects working with cross functional teams.
- Keen awareness and appreciation for internal and external customers.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Experience working with operating procedures, policies. and processes in a GMP environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing or IT related disciplines preferred or equivalent in manufacturing, quality or engineering discipline
- Experience of working in a manufacturing GMP environment.
- Experience of working with large databases, MES and control systems.
- Web and application server management
- Experience with POMSNet system is advantageous.
- SAP, OSI Pi knowledge, technical and functional would be added advantage.
- Keen interest in technology and open to learning about new technologies and how these can be used to support the Business.
- Technical capability and comfortable with working with Oracle and basic knowledge of SQL scripting, Web and application Services.