REF #: SVG000216
Senior Software Engineer
You will build solutions for every facet of the business, from customer satisfaction, to trading efficiency, to social responsibility, all with the goal of bringing audiences closer than ever to the sports they love with best-in-class products.
The Data Team is a cross-functional and diverse team of analysts, engineers, developers and data scientists that supports all aspects of the business by implementing data driven solutions. Our client does this using a tech stack based on, but not limited to, Google Cloud Platform. They use a combination of SQL and NoSQL based datastores (BigQuery, FireStore, Redis, ElasticSearch) for both batch and real-time streaming data pipelines.
- Be involved in the full software lifecycle, from ideation through to implementation and validation of high quality, best in class software systems.
- Play a key role in converting raw data into business-critical reports, metrics and insights across all areas of the business.
- Connect software and data systems in ways that enable best-in-class products & features
- Join us in a fast-paced, agile environment, where we take complex business problems, and design and implement simple, elegant solutions.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or equivalent experience
- Relevant Data Engineering experience, with deep understanding of designing and building highly scalable, automated ETL processes for data warehousing
- Fluent in SQL, and experience working with relational databases, complex query authoring, as well as working familiarity with a variety of data stores
- Experience with orchestration of batch data processes using Airflow or similar
- Familiarity with real-time streaming pipelines
- A strong technical background in topics such as API design, cloud software development, data storage patterns & schemas, and microservice & serverless architectures
- Familiarity with software best practices, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Creative problem-solving skills. You will be part of a team who value fresh ideas and new perspectives, and they want to hear yours
- A learning mindset, regardless of level of experience
What our client can offer?
- Competitive salary based on experience with annual compensation reviews
- Performance bonus, twice yearly
- Flexible holidays – 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + a day’s leave for a momentous occasion
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Life Assurance & Contributory Pension Plan
- MacBooks is the default, but they are happy to get you whatever equipment enables you to do your best work
About Our Client
Three of the most exciting brands in the sports and gaming industries today.
This is a truly exciting time to consider joining our client’s team. They are offering the chance to work in the heart of the sports industry, as they look to quickly expand their successful, privately-owned business.
With offices and roles based in London, Stoke, Galway, Vienna, Gibraltar, Lagos and Prague, their staff are part of a truly international business that is training and growing together, and empowered to build a bright and rewarding future.